. . . my dear, sweet 5 year old asks me, "Mommy, am I in a nightmare?" "No, baby. You're in IKEA."
It was a well spent 3 hours and yes, we ate there (we always do.) She was beautifully behaved, but I could see where 3 hours were not something she would have chosen.
But! We bought a bookcase, a banana fiber file box, a small set of pots, some small kitchen gadgets, replacement drinking glasses (I broke one, but IKEA isn't just down the street), a computer chair, and storage containers. What can I say? We knew that we were going there for a while. People, we spent it like we had it.Smiles in my day:
- Moses and the burning bush were a success.
- The Nine Plagues are set to go for tomorrow.
- The bookkeeper had my "get out of jail free card" done when I got to work, so that I could fax it to the jury people. Hopefully they accept my hardship paperwork.
- I watched a snake shed its skin.
- Our new computer chair is quite lovely. Wow! Did we need that!
- Our new bookcase is much taller than I visualized, but we got the length dead on. Approximation of distance couldn't have been any closer! Oh, and Hubs built them both today!
- Hubs hung the hose hanger onto the outside of the house and changed the hose over to the new one.
- The iguana has been eating collards fresh from our garden. K-, too!