Friday, May 16, 2014

The nice people at Poison Control.

I was so tired last night that I accidentally took my 24 hour allergy medicine again and it wasn't even close to the 24 hour allergy med taking point.  I read the back of the bottle.  It said, "Don't take more than 1 in 24 hours.  Call POISON CONTROL if you take more than one."  I checked online.  They said the same thing.  Off to Poison Control I went.

George was a kind man.  He checked into everything.  What I took ended up being something that would make me hella sleepy, despite being non-drowsy when you take it regularly.  He also told me to drink a ton of water, which I did but is difficult to do when sleeping.  It's morning and I woke up -- hooray for being awake.  (Though I didn't think that would happen, but heart palpitations . . . who knew?)  I have one crapload of a headache though.  My guess is all that made my sponge dry (my brain) and it's crying.

Always call the Poison Control Center if you need to.  They were kind, lovely and calm.  Told me what I needed to know.

And yes, I'm skipping my allergy meds until tomorrow morning.  Oy with the headache.  Must. function. today.

2 comments:

Rach said...

OW! You're more dehydrated than the Sahara right now. I'm guessing you DO have one hella headache.

I'm so glad Poison Control was able to help you out, and that you're awake. Gee whiz, girlie, give me a minor heart attack, why dontcha?

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

So glad that everything turned out ok. Hope your head feels better. Hugs!!