Saturday, April 5, 2014

What is large and loud enough to rattle the pans on the pot rack and drowns out Temple of the Dog?

This:




After texting Rachael to ask the kind man in her life what it is, he confirmed her initial thought-- an Osprey.  Now, when she said, "Osprey" to me, I thought she meant the bird.  My husband is a park naturalist.  Osprey to us means bird.  Osprey to the Household of A Monkey, A Bit and A Bean means military aircraft.  

It's pretty spiffy!  When we went for our walk, it was out (because it is so loud that there is no way that you could miss it aside being deaf) and the motors were turned like airplane props.  It was so cool!  I thought it was neat, but apparently my people were already aware of it's transformer abilities from their viewing of G.I. Joe.  


I'm glad that this is only flying over for daytime exercises of take off and landings at the little airport up the street.  I'd hate to have something like this flying over in war.  It isn't tiny.  It was flying over our house for hours.  If it was wartime, it definitely wouldn't be labeled as "neat."  

2 comments:

Rach said...

I'm still chuckling over our misunderstanding. Hee hee. :o)

I think it's pretty awesome you get to see one in the flesh. We get to see fighter jets and war helicopters, but no Osprey.

We DO however see the bird every once in awhile. ;o)

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

I'm glad it's only training too! But seeing that thing would have made my heart jump. It's quite intimidating.

I thought bird too.