Thursday, March 21, 2013

Hello 15 F and the allergy meds are a nice addition!

K has had an ear ache for a few days.  I decided to be that mom and take her in since I don't personally own an Otoscope.  You'd be glad to learn that she only has "a little fluid" on her ear, but that they both look fine.

"So, would Claritin dry that up?"

Dr. P (but now Dr. L and great with child) said that it would and that as silly as it sounds, I need to start her back on the Claritin and keep her on that run through June.  "It is the coldest spring on record here and last year was the hottest.  As cold as it is, there are still some things in bloom and the allergies are starting to kick in."

So there we have it.  Allergy meds for outdoor allergies for my child.  I am to the point where I have to stay on them all year long.  Hubs has started taking mine (OTC Rx strength Allegra).  He saw my doctor who prescribed it for him, he loves it and he's sticking with it.  He started taking it a few weeks ago in prep for allergy season.

Allergy meds up!  Away we go into the season of yellow pollen!

2 comments:

Rach said...

I've started back up with my allergy meds and Lil's back on hers. Gotta love spring...:sigh: Cold nastiness notwithstanding.

Heidi said...

We're in the same boat! 3/4 of us are on a daily regimen. Boo!