Sunday, February 10, 2013

I can wear my daughter's shoes.

We went down to ye ole Amish country yesterday and made a few stops.  We stopped by the boot store looking for some sweet shoes for me.

They didn't have what I was looking for.  :(

K, however, has been wearing the same LL Bean "nature girl" shoes since the beginning of school when the dreaded Skechers gave out a few weeks in.  (Never again.)  They have served her well, but her feet have grown.  She was having some foot problems as of late.  She twisted her left foot and made it angry.  In checking out the fit of her shoes, I realized that there wasn't a whole lot of room left.  

Guess who scored a new pair of shoes when Mom was the one supposed to be getting some?  She measured at a 4 1/2, but those aren't the easiest to find.  We bumped her up to a 5.  Though I wear a 6-6 1/2, I can comfortably wear these shoes.  I told K that now when she grows out of her shoes, she can pass them on to me.  

The third grade.  Who knew?  Sharing shoes with the kid.




2 comments:

Rach said...

Cute shoes, but holy moly, girlie! Lil is still in an 11, lol! I was in a 2 in second grade. Too bad my feet didn't STAY little...;o)

Bailey's Leaf said...

When I was in the 2nd grade, I wore a 12. My K is much taller than I was. In about a year, she will probably be as tall as me. It's not that she has gigantic feet. (Not that you were saying that.) She just has feet to get her to and from. It is just funny that I have actually been able to fit into her shoes for a few years, but now I could actually wear them if I wanted. Last summer, I walked out of the house with her flip flops on a few times. Believe me, no one knew that they weren't mine.

Girlie is going to be taller than me. I've come to terms with it. I'm happy about it. She'll be probably between 5'7" - 5'9". (That's the approximation.) She's already hard to fit into clothes and shoes anyhow, why not add longity leggities to the list? ;)

K's sister was wearing a size 8 in a shoe a year ago and she is only 14 months older than K. Oh yes. My girlie is not going to stop at the size 6-6 1/2 mark. No siree! That's okay. We're thrilled to have her and I'll keep buying her the next size. It's all good, even if I might eventually be able to swim in her shoes.