Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Less than 24 hours later . . .

My father-in-law was released from the hospital today.  I'm amazed, since he spent the overnight in the ICU.  He was unable to move even a twinge until after midnight.  At the time that my mother-in-law texted his message of freedom, it was 1:30 PM.  The day before, he was in surgery until about 3:30 PM.  They cruised a heart cath device around the interiors of his heart muscle to remove scar tissue and to cauterize the bits causing disruption of electrical impulses. 

It was a 7 1/2 hour procedure.

If they were trying to do the 23 hour hold like I had when I had my ACL reconstructed, they managed that quite nicely. 

Wow. 

The report is that he is doing stunningly well and we continue prayers as such.  Modern medicine truly continues to astound me. 

Thanks for the prayers.  Keep 'em coming!  :)

3 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

My mom just emailed me the update. Amazing. I'll be keeping him on my prayer list.

Michelle said...

Glad to hear he's doing so well! continued prayers for his health and recovery!

Rach said...

I'm still stunned by that. Stunned.