Monday, May 21, 2012

Don't deny the power of a spray bottle.

K- had a very busy weekend.  That very busy weekend involved my nephew coming on Friday to play for a few hours, getting her Bat project complete for Wednesday (so that she can present it a few times to us before the actual due date), an all day pool party at my sister's house on Saturday, a slumber party, a Sunday swimming AM- noon, my pick-up, my mandated nap for her, soccer in 90 degree heat, a birthday party for Grandma, over-indulgence resulting in a stomach ache, the whining, the crying, the total helplessness because of having turned into a heap, the Bat project presentation (Hubs and I acted like incorrigible children), a night of slumber then the wrestling her out of bed this morning.

"I don't feel good."

"I don't want to go to school today."

"Well, I'll get up, but if I have trouble walking, I just can't go."

"Sometimes my legs are wobbly."

"My belly hurts."

[and on and on]

Finally, having snuggled, rubbed, kidded, tickled and playfully pinched, I pulled out the big gun-- the spray bottle. 

It worked.

13 days left.  Wow.

1 comment:

Rach said...

I think I may need to invest in one. ;o)