Monday, November 28, 2011

I'm alive!

More importantly, so is my kid.  Second tour of duty on strep with the kids z-pack is working-- I think. 

Thanksgiving was low key, as we stayed home and enjoyed a quiet day together.  I ran to my family dinner, but because I was in charge of rolls, no one else had them and we couldn't have that carb absent from the table. 

My sister and I did Black Friday shopping, which started Thursday night at 11:30 PM.  We went to the wealthier section of town, didn't witness smack-downs, macing, pepper spraying or fighting.  I did find that people would whip around the corner and come full force down the aisle at me (aisle chicken) and I didn't budge.  I was a lot shorter than them, but really-- y'all can hold onto your fanny panties and be polite.  We hit 10 stores in 8 1/2 hours out and we were toast by the time we returned.  We got everything but an external hard drive, which I'm not convinced that Office Max had anyhow.

I worked on decorating the tree after I awoke from my brief slumber and Hubs and K- worked on the outside lights.  We had dinner, I fell asleep sitting up on the couch and all was well. 

Saturday, we took my niece and nephew to Bass Pro Shops for the day.  It was about a 2 hour drive, but they went, they had fun and we were able to lavish a bit of Christmas on them that they haven't had probably ever.  We dropped them off with their bags of loot, came home, worked on the tree some more and fell asleep sitting up on the couch again.

Sunday took us to church, we came home, K- and I baked a pumpkin pie, I worked on the tree, we went to the in-law's for dessert (rescheduled from the Thanksgiving strep quarantine), came home, worked on the tree some more, worked on finding the rest of the house and displaying the rest of Christmas because as I told Hubs, "If it isn't up tonight, it isn't going up," K- went to bed, I watched and watched American Pickers until I felt like I was full of rust in my veins and was climbing into honey holes along with them and went to bed.

That brings me to today.  I work.  Wednesday left me with kind of a crappy sense of funk and I'm hoping not to have that bit of retail replay.  People can be so blasted crabby at the holidays. 

I shall shove off, pack my lunch and put my heart into the right place.  Of course, a can of coke with some pretty caffeine won't hurt matters much, either.

Have a great day!


ChupieandJ'smama said...

Glad you are feeling better! Although you had the illness, it sounds like you had a nice holiday in spite of it all.
Wow, 8.5 of shopping. Good for you. I don't have the tolerance for it. Not even once a year ;)

Bailey's Leaf said...

It's a people watching experience that you just can't even pay for.