Friday, September 2, 2011

We can't run it with just plainness!

You can note that we have added artwork and my toes are now glittery.  I would have painted them last night, but I didn't know if they needed to see the true color of  my toes before casting. 
You'd be glad to know that K- and E- had a fantastic time decorating my cast.  I have some rhinestones that K- and I are going to hot glue on in a bit.  I mean, if I have to rock a cast, why not be obnoxious about it, right? 

As the day has worn on, my high tolerance to pain couldn't mask the fact that my foot is still broken and in the midst of being in fracture fits.  My toes were sausaging and the bruising up at the top is a bit more purple than before. 

I'm happy to report that I can drive!  Because they were kind enough to leave my toes exposed, I can press the gas with my big toe (thank goodness it isn't winter!) and press the brake with my left foot.  It took a one-time run to get the more gentle nature needed, as I was a bit herky-jerky and felt as if I was going to give myself whip lash.  I did finally find a cast boot, after going three places and spending a few hours on trying to track it down, but I do need to remove it to drive. 

This is my second post for the day.  Read on!

Smiles in my day:
-  As I admit that my underpits (as K- calls them) are aching in a way that I cannot describe, my foot is relatively pain free.  I really am quite lucky in that I only broke a bone (fully, but just one), nothing needed to be set and everything was well in place.  I have a great doctor who could deal with all of it in office.  He casted it himself and truly did a very nice job.  The office laughed at my story and different ones were asking me what color I got when I left.  See, I am quite the advocate for conservation and monarch migration.  I'm a poster child of, "Hey!  Ask me what I did!"  Sure.  That was my intention.  Uh, huh.  :S
-  Hubs just caught an American Copper, which is a rare butterfly for us.  Yet another confirmation that we're doing something right on our little rectangle of earth here. 

I'm going to go hang my leg out of the tub and get myself bathed.  It was in the mid 90's today and between the heat and the crutches and working up a sweat for a variety of reasons, I need a bit of a soak. 

Have a great weekend!

No comments: