Sunday, May 15, 2011

Silenced.

I've been battling what I thought was a hefty case of tree pollen allergies.  Now, it's not to say that hasn't contributed to my agony but I believe that we've gotten to the point of knowing that I've managed to get something.  K- had a dreadful cough about a week ago (still coughing) and Joe (a co-worker) was sneezing and snarfing this past week.

It settled in and it hasn't been pleasant.  One thing my family finds about it is pleasant for them. 

Silence. 

Along with general unpleasantness from a cold, I've also got laryngitis.  I communicate in whispers and an occasional squeally sound, but that is it.  I feel like Carol Brady when she was go to before the church and sing. 

Okay, okay, I admit that I wasn't singing in church. Actually, given the hacking, snuffling, nose blowing and general unpleasantness of two of the three of us, we opted to keep our germie ermies to ourselves and to stay at home. I still had to share the Brady Bunch episode. Don't know why it came to mind, but it did.  And yes, I did love the Brady Bunch.  I'm sure that it's played on some odd ball channel that I don't have.

Soccer is canceled for today, because the field lends itself more to swimming lessons rather than soccer. We're expecting more rain. Hubs and I are thankful because, as he said, "We'd most likely end up with pneumonia."

So, I'm silenced. My daughter talks to me in whispers and my husband keeps laughing and saying, "WHAT?," as he leans a bit closer.

No comments: