Wednesday, March 23, 2011

:Scratch, scratch:

K- came home last night and told me, "You know, J- told me that A- has lice."

:scratch, scratch:

"K-, I need to check your hair."

"But mom, I wasn't even around A-."

I asked her if A- had said anything.  She said no, that it had only come from J-.  I told her that it is important that she not say anything to anyone and that if A- did have lice, it wasn't her fault and sometimes that just happens.

Then I checked her head.  It checked out a-okay.  I also have her use tea tree conditioner, which is supposed to act as a repellent.  We started using that last year during the VBS lice incident

Let's face it.  Head lice happens.  I had it several times as a kid and survived it just fine.  It's not to say that I want to deal with it.  Yuck.  I did e-mail Mrs. S- with a heads up.  (No pun intended.) 

In the meantime, K- went to school with her hair wound up into Gabriela knots.

Smiles in my day:
-  I'm stunned at how many kids got the word 'leprechaun' right on the spelling tests last week.  The wall was full of excellent spelling tests.  Hooray!
-  Getting some school work pulled around last night.  I'm busy pitching an idea for a membership drive to the Principal. 

Have a great day!

2 comments:

Rach said...

ACK! I'm itching!!

Lice? I've had 'em. Han and Lil have had 'em. They're a pain in the rear to get rid of (hit her with the hairdryer once you've finished with the shampooing, as that kills the nits) and I don't blame you a bit for not wanting to deal with them. Ugh!

Bailey's Leaf said...

I had them several times as a kid. Still, I would like to skip that with my child.

Rubbing vasoline into the hair and leaving that on for 8 hours suffocates the existing lice and also kills the nits. A much cheaper and less chemical way to handle the ickies.

:scratch, scratch: