Friday, February 4, 2011

It does exist and other miscellaneous bits.

I had to take a photo.  I had missed the sun so.  It has been nearly non-existent in Ohio for the last several months.  Isn't she pretty?
Who me?  I'm not plotting to take all the seed or anything.  Gee, heck no.  I'm not waiting for you to leave.  What makes you think that? 
We don't have Chicago snow or anything, but since I said it had been months since I've seen my lawn, I figured that I'd post a photo of what we've looked at since November. 
After about 20 minutes worth of work to just free the windshield, I was unable to use my wipers because they were still encased in ice.  Doesn't look so bad here, but the blades are stuck to the windshield, the arms are packed in up to 2" of  ice and I was unable to used them at all this AM.  I drove K- to school and pointed the front of my truck towards the sun.  I did the same when I got home.  After experiencing a wiper bake, I was able to chip large hunks of ice away to break them free.  The sheet on the hood came off in all one section, which was good that it came off while in the drive rather than off and at another car or someone walking.  K-'s door was frozen completely shut, so she had to jump in the back by going over my seat and the console.  Hubs reports that his car was covered in 4" of ice.  We had a layer of ice, then snow, then ice and snow again.  It all compacted and since he didn't go anywhere on Tuesday and Wednesday, he had the whole storm stuck to his car.  Yikes!
They're done! 

Other things that made me happy today:
-  Listening to the Unauthorized Biography of Reinhold Messner by Ben Folds Five.  Now, I realize that it is old, but it works for me.  It's even funnier now that I found out that the recorded voice on the message is his dad while partially asleep.  The things you find out on the internet!
-  Though K-'s school didn't have heat until right before the kids arrived, they were able to talk nicely to the boiler to make it happen.  A heater motor in her room blew, spewing smoke and stink, but they were able to temporarily move her class to an empty room while the motor was being replaced.  In all that craziness, Mrs. S- still managed to get lessons done.  Amazing.
-  Moose Tracks Frozen Yogurt. 
-  Leftovers for dinner.
-  I finally found a combination of items that work in resolving the soap scum problem in the bath.  Now, I know that all of you have been so concerned about my soap scum irritation and my quest to go to all cleaners natural.  :chuckling out loud and knowing full well that you didn't lose sleep:  What worked?  Bon Ami on a damp tub bottom with some Arm and Hammer Washing Soda sprinkled on top.  It made a lovely paste that took care of the problem lickety split.  Success! 

Have a wonderful weekend!

1 comment:

Rach said...

What a GORGEOUS sun. :o)

The squirrel is hysterical.

I'm sorry about the wipers--that is always the worst. I always wind up tearing my blades because I get too impatient.

The yard is indeed quite white.

The valentines are fantabulous.

Congrats on the soap scum. :o)

Happy Friday, Friend! :o)