Monday, January 17, 2011

Dishin' Dinners Day

Sunday/Monday-  Creamed chicken and vegetables over whole grain egg-type noodles.  Salad.
(Reserve 1/2 crock-pot cooked chicken for a Chicken Pot Pie to drop by my cousin's house on Thursday.  I must congratulate Isabel's arrival with food!)
Tuesday/Wednesday-  Turkey Kielbasa and yellow rice.  Salad.
Thursday/Friday-  Roasted Red Pepper Alfredo with whole grain spaghetti noodles, bread sticks and salad. (Drop chicken pot pie, rolls, salad and a dessert off.)
Saturday-  Homemade cheese pizza night!
Sunday-  Taking Hubs to celebrate his birthday date.  Dinner at IKEA? 

Things I noticed over the weekend:
-  A scarf really can just be so wet from playing outside that it doesn't dry for three days in a row.
-  The Willy Wonka that stars Johnny Depp is just flat wrong and scary and creepy and wrong.  Did I mention wrong?
-  Box Tops are on lots of things besides food.  I found them on pads, tampons, Saran wrap, Ziploc bags and on the giant Sam's Club Go-gurt.  K-'s school is having a Box Top drive, so we've been keeping our eyes out and I've been shaving them off things around the house.
-  I still love the movie Goonies.

Smiles in my day:
-  Sadly, we missed church because we all thought we were toting a touch of something lowerly digestive, but we were able to hang out together.  That's a very good thing.
-  Getting back on track with cooking and my dear love for the crock-pot. We have not stopped for any type of fast food since the new year.  That's saying a bit since I would buy a buck thing here or there.  Hey, every dollar counts and my cholesterol appreciates it.
-  Our bird feeding area is lovely.  (Yes, I know that I owe you photos, but they are in my new camera and I haven't read about how to put them onto the box yet.)  We've had Juncos, Song Sparrows, House Finches and Gold Finches.  We have suet out for the Chickadees, but I don't believe that they've come to play yet.
-  Being able to sit down to watch a movie with Hubs in the afternoon.  When we watch them at night, I always fall asleep!  I fell asleep watching Capote last night (I've seen it several times and own it, so it wasn't a horrible thing), but he decided that it looked good and he wanted to watch it.  You know what?  He loved it, too! 
-  Crock-pot dinner with enough leftovers for tomorrow.
-  Piles of clean laundry to be put away.  That means that my laundry is washed, dried, folded and almost put away.  It also means that I have laundry and the means and place to launder it, which is a thing that not everyone has. 
-  Jenny called to give me the scoop on Isabel.  (Was misinformed that it was Isabella, but her name is Isabel and Jenny did spell it for me.)  She said that she is a wee widget of a thing, she is very afraid because she is so little (5 lb 11 oz) and I can understand that.  She was a 38 week baby and she has lots of hair.  I'm excited to go to visit (with camera in hand!) on Thursday.
-  I didn't leave the house today.  I only stepped out to put the garbage in the trash can.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Good lookin' dinners! I'm thinking I need to move to your area and have a baby so I can get some yummy chicken pot pie. ;o)

Ah, Isabel, not Isabella. I happen to like the name Isabel quite a bit (it's Bitty's middle name). :o)

I've not watched the Johnny Depp WW for that very reason. :shudder: He was a leeeetle too strange for me.

Nice list of smiles. :o) Happy Monday!