Tuesday, December 28, 2010


First, I want to thank each and everyone of you for your kind words and prayers.  It isn't very often that I hit bottom, but this time was like taking a ride down an elevator shaft with no way to stop.  Thanks to all of you and your sympathetic reading eyes, I have bounced from the bottom of the shaft and am back up again.  Whew.  It was a down yo weeks in the making and when the bottom fell out, it was kind of ugly.  Thanks for being there.  :)

On to much more fun things. 

Hubs does it every year.  Each and every year, I work hard on finding a perfect gift combo for K-.  Since instituting the 3 only gift rule regarding Santa's offerings, K- and I both need to zero in and focus on something instead of having Hanukkah style Christmas.  (Believe me, it happened.)  K- belted out some things that she wished for, but I told her that when she says things that she's hoping for, it is just a suggestion and not a list of demands.  I told her that Santa doesn't work that way and he keeps in close touch with me anyhow.  Her response was something to the effect of, "I always love whatever Santa brings me." 

K- asked for a Nintendo DS.  I had done some price checking, ended up getting it online and paid $59.00 plus tax and $4.00 in shipping for the DSi.  Cool!  I had a necklace made for her from a lovely woman on Etsy.  I told her that Mrs. Claus made it especially for her.  We had the DSi, Hubs bought a skin and a few games for it.  The pile was tiny for Christmas this year.  We got something she wanted, though.

There's the stocking.  I tend to be an over-purchaser for the stocking.  I try, but I find books and things.  This year, I had it on the money.  Everything was good.  Everything fit.  I didn't go terribly overboard.  Then Hubs decided to go to Walgreen's for a DS accessory kit. 

He bought a set of noise magnets.

He bought Flarp noise putty.

He bought a "farter" AKA the Whoopee cushion. 

Oh. my. heavens. 

He trumped me on the stocking.  All my hard work down the drain with one self-inflated, scentless, noise-making fart balloon. 

She took it to Christmas and bless my in-law's hearts, she put it under all of our chairs, flooped it all day long and we still laughed.  Really, it is right up my father-in-law's alley.  My mother-in-law, notsomuch, but even she was cracking some hilarious laughs about it.  I think that it was K-'s enthusiasm and need to perfect the ability to make a truly realistic fart sound minus the noxious fumes. 

Good times, I tell you. 

Smiles in my day:
-  K- downstairs in the basement rolling along on her razor scooter with helmet and knee pads in shorts and short sleeves and slippers when I arrived home.  I should add that outside it is about 20 degrees.  Obviously, our home is well heated.
-  The fact that Hubs cleaned the basement and that K- can roll along on her razor scooter with helmet and knee pads in shorts and short sleeves and slippers. 
-  That it didn't matter that I didn't wake to my alarm today.  I always do, but Hubs took it upon himself to turn it down because he said it was too loud.  Well, it may have been too loud to listen to, but it was loud enough to wake me up.  I woke up with more than enough time to read the paper, have breakfast, pack a lunch and go forth to the retail public.  Yes, I did turn it back up.
-  A friend that can bail me out on child care for the next two days. 

Have a great day!


Rach said...

LMBO! Ahhhhh, see, *this* is why children need daddies. ;o)

ChupieandJ'smama said...

Love the whoopee cushion. The boys have one "somewhere" that shall remain hidden. It's a daddy thing:) Glad you're feeling better.

Michelle said...

Sounds like you had a lovely Christmas!