Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Such inspiration!

Hubs has decided to watch the Biggest Loser with me. I've watched it off and on through the years. I find it absolutely inspiring to see these folks work so hard and lose so much weight. Hooray for them! Such an inspiration for the rest of us!

Smiles in my day:
- It must have been regular customer day. We had 3 ladies our counter today that all knew me from being at the gallery for over 8 years. One of them was a regular at the old gallery, so I've been helping her for 12 + years! There was another regular in prior to all of them. Why does this tickle me so? Folks remember that we are open all year and not just at Christmas!
- Beth, our just turned permanent staff co-worker, getting me moving this AM despite the hazy headache and lack of drive that I had. We got so much Christmas pulled down and basketed. It will make inventory next week so much easier. (I really dislike inventory.)
- Adding probably 15 - 20 more sight words to K-'s pile and she plowed through them. The -ot words and the -op words I worked through with her, but she really seems to have the hang of sounding words out. Now, if we can get her unrattled from the counting, to slow down, remember that she needs to think and process and I'm sure that counting to 100 will be a constant thing soon and not so much a questioning herself thing.
- The school work that came home today was great! K- had hit a bump in the road with her paper yesterday, but it was her first day back. She's back on track now.

I wasn't feeling so WFMW this week. Next week, perhaps.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

Rach said...

Fun times! I LOVE it when B and I can agree on a TV show.

So, the kitty worked for one night at least. We'll see how tonight goes. Keep your fingers crossed! :oP