Sunday, March 29, 2009

Dealie-Do Sunday

I wrote this in advance and scheduled the post. Don't worry! I'm staying with my agreement to unplug today!

I went grocery shopping Thursday evening. I went because we needed me to, but also to pick up some mushy food for K- to eat after her baby root canal. She might not need soft stuff, but I figured it couldn't hurt. While out, I fetched some decent bargains. Oh, look at some of my deals:

14 lb box of Fresh Step Cat Litter for free (reg 8.49)
4- 8.2 oz tubes of Crest toothpaste for 88 cents/tube (reg 2.59 each)
* I won't pay more than a dollar for a tube of toothpaste, and it hasn't been on sale for a while! I will only buy Crest or Colgate.
6- containers Yoplait yogurt for 42 cents each
1 - Kashi Sweet and Sour Frozen Entree for 1.79 (reg 4.49)
Spray N' Wash Bright and White for 2.49 (reg 4.99)
Pledge Multi Surface for 2.25 (reg 4.29)
Hamburger Helper Cheeseburger Macaroni 1.88 for a two pack (reg 1.75 each at GE)
* A guilty pleasure. Gross to some, extremely yummy to me! (Made with turkey.)
3 - pkgs Star Kist Tuna (2 Lemon Pepper, 1 regular) for 83 cents each
Milk for 1.99/gallon! Hormone free, too!

I saved 19.50 in coupons and double coupon savings. All things I bought at Giant Eagle were on sale. I went to the local grocery discounter on the other end of the plaza and did the bulk of my grocery shopping, though. I behaved at the discounter and only purchased one item in the "crap aisles." (AKA closeouts) That one item was K-'s baby root canal prize for a whole 3.99.

Any good deals in your shopping week?

Day 9: Love makes good impressions. Greet one another with a kiss of love. -- 1 Peter 5:14

Think of a specific way you'd like to greet your spouse today. Do it with a smile and enthusiasm. Then determine to change your greeting to reflect your love for them.

No comments: