Sunday, October 26, 2008

Was Toys R Us actually thinking?

After church, I sat down and went through the weekly ads. There was the Toys R Us "Our Biggest Toy Book Ever!" catalog and I figured, okay, so I can see more toys that my child will decide that she has to have, but won't be getting. Then something stopped me dead in my tracks. It was this:
It is a little girl between the ages of 5-7 years old leaning over and highlighting the Oui*ja board. WHAT ARE THEY THINKING?! Is it just me? I mean, how exactly do you explain the "Mystifying Or*acle" to this child? Does she know? Will the kids know what the board is all about? UGH! On the top of the box it says, "Ask the questions girls want to know." I mean, really. I'll be writing a letter to Toys R Us about their very poor selection of a toy to highlight in their holiday gift catalog.

5 comments:

ChupieandJ'smama (Janeen) said...

Oh yea, every little girl needs that game (?), especially in pink. That's just nuts...

Anonymous said...

I just found you from the carnival and couldn't agree more. I saw it right after church and thought that it was a horrible item to even carry let alone it be in the Christmas catalog.
Stephanie
dsmoore1 @ centurytel.net

Betsy said...

I saw this too...idiots!

nateanna said...

Okay Amy. Per your description of this big toy book issue, I went out yesterday and got the paper. A day late and a dollar less. And, there it was, on page 51. Big and pink, just under the girl so your eye is automatically drawn to it. Hmmm. You can't quite believe it at first, then you look again and yup, it is....yes it is...An Ouija board! Oh boy! This doesn't seem right. I really don't think this is the image that TRU is trying to portray. I hope they come to their senses and pull it from their next ad.

Michelle said...

oh wow! I can't believe they geared that game towards such a young market audience either! shame on them!